this is so cool!!!!!
On 11/30, I got a huge compliment: the “Honest Scrap Award” from SueAnn’s Journey!!
Thanks tons, chica!!!! [I haven’t responded til now ‘cause it felt funny tooting my own horn]
There’s a caveat to it though, I have to list 10 things I haven’t written about before….
Now THAT’S gonna be hard. I think I’ve been a fairly open book in the short time I’ve been blogging… but, I’ll give it a whirl:
1) I used to march in parades and twirl a baton—I can still do a couple of twirls actually.
2) I am related to John Quincy Adams through my father’s side of the family.
3) My maternal grandfather used to outfit me every Easter from “soup to nuts,” so to speak. One year I asked for a pink dress and “a blue one to match my eyes.”
4) My “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon:” David Strathairn once did a production at the theatre where I used to work—and he was in THE RIVER WILD with [ta-da] Kevin Bacon
5) I have relatives I’ve never even met…. [but then again, who doesn't....seriously--who doesnt?]
6) When my daughter was pregnant we used to spend hours doing word games to take her mind off of being 16 and very uncomfortable.
7) My co-workers are hilariously warped—and I love them.
8) I don’t go to the dentist unless I absolutely have to. When I was about 8, the dentist drilled my tongue and I’ve been phobic ever since.
9) One talent I have been blessed with is an ability to pick up accents at the drop of a hat. It is great fun to occasionally fool people. Once a guy wanted me to work for his phone sex line cause I could be all sorts of foreign “femme fatales.” [Now, I'm rethinking my refusal....]
10) I’m an excellent seamstress and paperhanger. Haven't had much practice lately, but I'm sure I could get back up to speed relatively quickly. Anyone need any draperies made?
Okay, that took a little digging in my psyche... hope I didn't bore you all.
The best part is that I get to pass the award along to 10 bloggers I follow that I look forward to reading. So, in no particular order:
1) SueAnn’s Journey—right back attcha chica. You are a joy to read.
2) Lemonade & Kidneys—my friend Ruth who is dealing with Polycystic Kidney Disease with such grace and humor.
3) fever—Lora is AMAZING. Her humor, her truth…
4) Window to My Sol—Nancy really does share her soul.
5) Gloria’s Spanish View—G’s an ex-pat Brit living in Spain. And she’s a hoot!
6) Confession’s of Me— Brndoutw8ress is Pittsburgh’s sassiest server. Clearly, she’s got issues [LOL]
7) stuff from ellen’s head—what’s not to love about someone named Ellen
8) Casa Hice—the wonderfully warped Alix
9) Knucklehead—definitely certifiable…..
10) Stephanie Snowe—the Blog. Always intriguing, always honest—and usually hilarious.
Well that's it for now. Keep on blogging gang.