Oh, I HAD to comment on this…..
I’m sure you guys all saw the news story about quitter governor of Alaska comparing herself to the Bard after she made up a word: “refudiate.” First she used it in a Tweet about the mosque at Ground Zero controversy and then she repeated it in a Tea Party speech a day or two later. She capped this all off with the Tweet wherein she placed herself on a linguistic level with Shakespeare.
Seriously, Sarah? You actually have the cahones to compare yourself to the greatest writer of all times? Oh, I don’t think so….
Well, today I saw an article online about how the Twitter-verse is having a field day creating a whole raft of Bard parodies ala Sarah-style and have dubbed it “ShakesPalin.”
Here are some of the best:
- "To be hope-y and change-y, or not to be hope-y and change-y, that is the gotcha question."
- "But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and I can see Russia from my front porch."
- "If we drillers have offended, think but this & all is mended; that you have but slumbered here, while BP oiled your Gulf so dear."
- "Alas, poor Couric, I read them all."
- "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you investigate us, do we not quit?"
-“But soft, what light from yonder window breaks? It is the East, and I can see Russia from my front porch.”
- “A book deal, a book deal! My governorship for a book deal!”
-“What’s in a name? That which we call a pitbull by any other lipstick would be a hockey mom.”
-“Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some are just picked by John McCain's aides.”
-“Friends, Real Americans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to play "gotcha" journalism.”
-“To suffer the slings and arrows of / outrageous liberals, or to quit half term, / and by opposing, rake in speaking fees”
-“Out, damned thought!”
finally, a post that is NOT about the flooding or demolition or clean-up - I did a little night photography earlier in the summer over the course of about two weeks when I happened out in the little backyard at twilight, not quit...
1 day ago